学会在家里制作鸡肉Tikka Masala！它比你想象的更容易。这个版本包括鸡肉蘸上美味的酸奶腌料并烤，直到煮熟。番茄霜酱可以提前同时或最多四天制备。谈到寒冷的冬季晚上，你不会发现比这芳香的鸡Tikka Masala食谱在巴斯马蒂米饭上供应更加温暖。它不仅味道令人难以置信，它将让你的厨房闻起来很棒！
While I know it’s not technically an authentic Indian dish (more on that below), I often find myself gravitating toward chicken tikka masala when I see it on a menu. I can’t help it,它是那么好。Yogurt-marinated chicken that’s been chargrilled to perfection and served in an aromatic tomato cream sauce? I accept.
I’m not lucky enough to have a tandoor at home, so I can’t make a completely authentic version of this recipe. However, the broiler does a perfectly good job of creating juicy chicken that’s slightly charred. For this version, I made sure to stick with easy-to-find ingredients (though I do offer the optional suggestion of using ghee if you can find it or feel so inclined to make it, since it really makes the flavors pop!)
How to make chicken tikka masala
If this recipe seems like it has a lot of ingredients and steps, please don’t be intimidated! None of the steps are complicated, so it’s just a matter of getting everything measured out and ready to go before you start. Here’s what you do:
- Combine the spices and sprinkle them onto the chicken. Cover and refrigerate. Meanwhile, mix together yogurt, ginger, garlic, and oil (this will be the sauce the chicken is broiled in). Let all of that sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce by cooking the onions in a large saucepan, then adding the remaining ingredients in stages. The sauce can be prepared up to four days in advance if you don’t want to make everything at once.
- Dip the chicken in the yogurt mix and broil until cooked through. Cut into bite sized pieces and combine with the sauce. Serve over rice!
- 你可以用刀精细剁碎大蒜和姜，但我更喜欢使用microplane zesterwith this recipe. It grates them so finely that the juices release and they basically turn into a paste, incorporating with the sauce more effectively.
- 你可以用植物油(或葡萄籽或油菜oil), but I highly recommend getting your hands on someghee如果你想要这个食谱，特别令人敬畏。酥油基本上是棕色的黄油，它是印度烹饪的主食。你也可以通过making your own。
Are chicken tikka masala and butter chicken the same?
Chicken Tikka Masala and Butter Chicken have similar flavor profiles and tomato-cream sauces, but they’re actually two different dishes. While butter chicken originates from northern India, chicken tikka masala is a British invention! Thisarticle from Tasting Table更详细地涵盖差异。
Yes, this recipe freezes very well. The key to freezing this and any recipe is to eliminate as much surface air as possible where ice crystals form (that’s what creates the freezer taste), and to use frozen leftovers within 2-3 months. I’m as guilty as everyone else of letting food get lost in the freezer for too long, but after awhile, ingredients start to break down and taste bad.
Understanding the Smoke Point of Oils
This recipe requires using an oil with a high smoke point. Are you wondering what a smoke point is, and which oils are appropriate to use? Check out my postUnderstanding The Smoke Point of Cooking Oils and Fats!
This recipe uses clarified butter. Are you wondering what that is and how to make it at home? Check out my postWhat is Clarified Butter了解所有关于这个amaziWilliam Hill滚球ng ingredient!
How to Chop an Onion
This recipe calls for chopped onions. Check out my fast and easy technique for如何砍洋葱逐步照片！
More Stew Recipes
Chicken Tikka Masala
- 1teaspoonkosher salt
- 2pounds无骨皮肤的鸡胸肉(boneless skinless thighs may be substituted)
- 1cup普通的全牛奶酸奶(low fat yogurt may be substituted)
- 3mediumgarlic cloves,剁碎（3茶匙，我用了微薄Zester）
- 2茶匙磨碎的新鲜姜(I used a microplane zester)
For the sauce
- 3汤匙ghee or vegetable oil
- 1mediumyellow onion,切碎（约1 1/4杯）William Hill滚球
- 2mediumgarlic cloves,minced (2 teaspoons, I used a microplane zester)
- 2茶匙磨碎的新鲜姜(I used a microplane zester)
- 1汤匙tomato paste
- 1(28-ounce) cancrushed tomatoes
- 1/2teaspoonkosher salt
- 1cupheavy cream
- 1/4cupchopped cilantro leaves
Heat the ghee in a large Dutch oven or heavy bottom saucepan set over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly caramelized, 8-10 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, pepper, tomato paste, and garam masala; cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, 1-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, sugar, and salt, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cream and remove pan from heat, covering to keep warm.
Wait 5 minutes, then cut the chicken into 1-inch chunks and stir into sauce. Stir in cilantro. Serve over basmati rice.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or can be frozen for up to 3 months. (I add a bit of extra cream when reheating leftovers; the sauce thickens up slightly).
Please read my full post for additional recipe notes, tips, and serving suggestions!